- PG Classes were inaugurated on 29th September 2016. Sri. Sudarshan, Director ASSOCHAM was the chief guest and Sri. Srinath Birur, Director Indo –Australian academic collaboration was addressing the gathering.
- One day workshop on “Waste Management Awareness Programme” was conducted on 18th November, 2016. Two eminent speakers Sri. K. Amarnarayan IAS (Rtd) and Sri. G.Nagaraj came and addresses our students and faculty members regarding waste management. They spoke about income generation from waste and green jobs.
- Orientation programme for PG Classes were conducted from 09-11-2016 to 12-11-2016 Sri. Sampathraman, Advisor ASSOCHAM & MD DPK Group of Companies was the keynote speaker, Mr. Kishore Jagirdar, Founder & MD, Info pace Management, Mr. Ramesh T.K, Director HR, Bayar’s Coffee, Sri. Chethan Shivakumar, Director, Seshadripuram Institute of Management, Mr. Srinath Birur, Director, Indo-Australian Academic Collaboration, Mr. Shankar Narayan Rao, Principal, Canara Bank Staff Training College, Bangalore, Mr. Shankar Narayan Rao, Principal, Canara Bank Staff Training College, Bangalore were the resource persons.
- VIM was conducting cultural activities for the year 2016-17 in the month of November. All the UG and PG students were active participated in various events.
- Channaveere Gowda B.N has published two research papers entitled “ Access, Equity and Excellence in Higher Education in India: An Overview in the Edited book Development Infrastructure in the Era of Economics Reforms, Magnum Publications, New Delhi ISBN: 978-93-86123-04-6 in the month of November and “ Excellence Through Equity: Challenges before Higher Education in India” in Proceedings of National Seminar on : Higher Education in India-New Paradigms and Challenges ISBN: 978-93-85629-18-1
- Channaveere Gowda B.N is going to present a research paper entitle “Non Performing Assets (NPAs) of Public Sector Banks- An Empirical Study” in 99th Indian Economic Association Annual Conference, which will be held on 27th to 29th of December 2017 at Titupati and also his paper has been accepted for the publication in Indian Economic Journal.
- Channaveere Gowda B.N was invited as a resource person in one day PU College Economics Lecturers workshop on 29th November 2016.
- Channaveere Gowda B.N was invited as a Rapporteur in One-day National Level Seminar on “From Planning Commission to NITI Aayog -A Paradigm Change in India’s Development Policy Regime” organized by University of Mysore Planning Commission Chair Department of Studies in Economics &Co-operation Manasagangotri, Mysuru on 16th September 2016.
- Channaveere Gowda B.N was invited as a Rapporteur in One-day National Level Conference on “Development Prospects of Indian Economy” organized by Department of Studies in Economics &Co-operation Manasagangotri, Mysuru on 17th August 2016.
- Ramappa, Ex General Manager Syndicate Bank, who came and address of our PG Students to Banking Literacy and Opportunities in Banking Sector in the month of November.
- Maharani Lakshmi Ammanni College for WomenMaharani lakshmi ammanni College for Women had organized Two days National Conference on “Ethical Practices in Business: An Indian Perspective” on 10th and 11th September 2015. Students of 2nd year M.com Arpitha Joshi and Nithya. S participated; Poornachandra. G and Santosh. G presented a paper titled “Ethics in Corporate Governance – a strategy towards business sustainability”.
- Malleswaram Ladies Association, Academy of Higher Learning
MLAAHL had organized Two days National Seminar on “Industry – Institution Interface – Challenges and Opportunities” on 7th and 8th October 2015. Students of 2nd year M.com Arpita Ganapathi Joshi, Nithya.S, Syeda Falaknazy Sumiya, Rashmi. M, Megha.G and Anitha. A actively participated in the seminar.
- Kristu Jayanti College
An Inter Collegiate Fest “COMMERCIA 2016” was organized by Kristu Jayanti College on 2nd and 3rd March 2016. 1st Year M.Com students actively competed in all the events. Varsha.R, Bindu. Bella Golla Naresh and Apoorva. H.N G participated in human resource event, Vinay kumar.R, Abhishek. M.R, Pavan.G.kameshwar and Vasanth participated in biz quiz, Harish. R has participated in marketing event, Shilpashree. M.C and Divya. C.B participated in mock stock event, Siddamma.H.L and Rajalakshmi. V participated in finance analyst event. Varsha. R and Bindu. G secured Third Prize in Human Resource Event.
- SJR College for Women
Students of 1st year M.com Shilpashree. M.C and Varsha. R participated and presented a paper titled “Employment generation” and “Skill development” at Inter-Collegiate Paper Presentation Competition “UTKARSH – 2016” on “Impact of Union Budget 2016-17” on 10th March 2016 organized by the SJR College for Women. Shilpashree. M.C secured Third Prize.
- Government Ramnarayan Chellaram College of Commerce and Management
Govt. R. C. College had organized a One Day National Seminar on “Contemporary issues and challenges of NSS in changing scenario” on 23rd March 2016. Students of 1st year M.Com Gangalakshmamma. B.G and Rajalakshmi. V participated and presented a paper titled “Smart Village India’s future – role of NSS through village adoption”.
- Government First Grade College, Bidadi
GFGC, Bidadi organized a One Day National Level Conference on “Go green and water conservation” on 6th April 2016. 1st year M.com students Shilpashree. M.C and Pavan.G.kameshwar presented a paper titled “Global Climate Change v/s Human Health”, Varsha. R and Siddamma.H.L presented a paper titled “E – waste Manacle: need of the hour”, Bindu. G and Divya.C.B presented a paper titled “Waste management practices in metropolis – ecofriendly?”, Gangalakshmamma. B.G and Rajalakshmi. V presented a paper titled “Green Technology and Climate Change”. The papers presented in the seminar were published in a book bearing ISBN No: 978-81-931806-2-4
- Malleswaram Ladies Association, Academy of Higher Learning
1st and 2nd year M.com students actively participated in the various events at an Inter collegiate commerce fest “ASPIRATIONS 2016” on 21st April 2016 organized by Malleswaram ladies association, academy of higher learning. Varsha. R and Shilpashree. M.C presented a paper titled “Role of microfinance in promoting MSME’s”, Baby.R and Pavan.G.kameshwar presented a paper titled “FDI and its impact on insurance sector”, Megha. G presented a paper titled “A study on the role of microfinance in women empowerment” in Paper Presentation event. Farman, Siddamma. H.L, Rajalakshmi. V has participated in Financial Analyst event, Shilpashree.M.C, Baby. R, Uday. N, Pavan.G. Kameshwar, Varsha. R, Nandini. S, Geetha. N, Shambhavi. S.S, Megha.G has participated in banking quiz competition. Farman secured winner prize, Rajalakshmi. V and Siddamma. H.L secured runner prize in financial analyst event. The papers presented in the fest were published in a book bearing ISBN No: 978-93-5265-485-7
- Department of Studies and Research in Commerce And Business Administration, Tumkur University
Department of studies and research in commerce and business administration, Tumkur University organized a National Conference on “Introducing GST and its impact on Indian economy” on 7th May 2016. Students of 1st year M.com Siddamma. H.L and Rajalakshmi. V presented a paper titled “GST in Indian economy – a bird’s eye view”, Baby. R presented a paper titled “Introducing GST and its impact on Indian economy”. The papers are published with ISBN 978-93-84262-25-9
- Soundarya Institute of Management And Science
Students of 1st year M.com Farman has participated in product launch event, Shilpashree. M.C and Varsha. R participated in treasure hunt event. Farman secured winner prize in product launch at Soundarya institute of management and science Inter Collegiate Fest “UDYAMI 2016” on 7th May 2016.
- Adarsh Institute of Management and Information Technology
Adarsh Institute of Management and Information Technology, Inter Collegiate Management and IT fest “ADARSH REGALIA 2K16” on 13th May 2016. Students of 1st year M.com Baby. R and Farman participated in entrepreneurship event.
- RV Institute of Management
RVIM had organized a Student Conference and Paper Presentation Competition “VIDYAARTHI ADHIVESHANAM 2016” for Post Graduate commerce and management students on 20th May 2016. Students of 1st year M.com Pavan.G.Kameshwar and Farman presented a paper titled “Jan – dhan: Banking the Unbanked”, Shilpashree. M.C and Varsha. R presented a paper titled “Paperless classroom: an initiative towards Smart India”, Uday. N and Shambhavi. S.S presented a paper titled “PMKVY – Start Skill Empowering”, Nandini. S and Geetha. N presented a paper titled “Move Towards Clean India”. Uday. N and Shambhavi. S.S secured Second Prize.