The BBA Department was started in 1994. The Department of Management Studies has been established to groom and nurture fresh talent in the field of Management in order to take up challenging careers in corporate world, and also enabling them to pursue higher studies thereafter. The Department firmly believes in the Blend of Theoretical and in‐depth practical knowledge that are required to meet the challenges in the corporate world. India has today emerged as a centre for nurturing young talent in the field of management. The Department’s mission is to shape the next generation business professionals with the required skills and talent with a touch of human and ethical values.
Value Added Professional Certificate Courses Offered in:
- Supply Chain and Logistic Management
- Project Management
- International Trade
- Banking, Finance and Insurance
- Business Analytics
Regulations pertaining to BBA (CBSC) Degree Semester Scheme 2014‐15
Candidates who have completed Two years Pre‐University Course of Karnataka State or its equivalent are eligible for admission into this course.
|Asst.Prof.ANITHA.B.R||MBA-HR&MARKETING , M.COM, KSET|
|Asst.Prof.SEEMA.S||M.COM-ACCOUNTING & TAXATION|
|Asst.Prof.ROOPA BAI.M.G||M.COM-ACCOUNTING & TAXATION|
|Asst.Prof.SOWMYA.S||B.Ed, M.A., M.PHIL|
|Asst.Prof.GOWDA VASANTHI KUMARI||MA, B.Ed|
The BBA course details:
|I Semester||II Semester|
|1. Language: Kannada / Sanskrit / Urdu /Tamil / Telugu / Additional English Hindi||1. Language: Kannada / Sanskrit / Urdu /Tamil / Telugu / Additional English / Hindi|
|2. Language: English||2. Language: English|
|3. Fundamentals of Accounting||3. Financial Accounting|
|4. Business Organization & Environment||4. Quantitative Methods for Business ‐ II|
|5. Quantitative Methods for Business ‐ I||5. Organizational Behaviour|
|6. Market Behavior & Cost Analysis||6. Production & Operations Management|
|7. Management process||7. Environmental Studies|
|8.Co‐Curricular and extra‐Curricular Activities||8.Co‐Curricular and extra‐Curricular Activities|
|III Semester||IV Semester|
|1.Language: Kannada / Sanskrit / Urdu / Tamil / Telugu /Additional English / Hindi||1. Language: Kannada / Sanskrit / Urdu /Tamil / Telugu / Additional English / Hindi|
|2. Soft Skills for Business||2. Business Research Methods|
|3.Corporate Accounting||3. Marketing Management|
|4. Human Resource Management||4.Financial Management|
|5.Service Management||5. Business Regulations|
|6. Corporate Environment||6. Cost Accounting|
|7. Computer Fundamentals||7.Indian Constitution|
|V Semester||VI Semester|
|1.Entrepreneurial Management||1.International Business|
|2.Computer Applications in Business||2. E ‐ Business|
|3.Banking Regulations & Operations||3. Income Tax|
|4.Corporate Governance||4. Strategic Management|
|5. Management Accounting||5. Elective Paper ‐ III|
|6. Elective Paper ‐ I||6. Elective Paper ‐ IV|
|7. Elective Paper ‐ II||7. Project Report & Viva Voce|
|VII Semester||VIII Semester|
|1.Advanced Financial Management||1.Investment & Portfolio Management|
|2.Financial Markets & Services||2.Stock & Commodity Markets|
|HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT|
|1. Employee Welfare & Social Security||1.Organizational Change & Development|
|2.Strategic HRM||2.Compensation Management|
Click for BBA Scheme & Syllabus
Students Activity Report for the Academic year 2016-17
- UG Classes were inaugurated on 12th August 2016. Sri.Sudarshan, Director ASSOCHAM was the chief guest and Sri. Srinath Birur, Director Indo –Australian academic collaboration was addressing the gathering.
- Fresher’s day celebrated for 1stSem students on 13-08-2016. Dr.S Sridharan, Principal VIM was the chief guest. He addressed the students and enlightened about the potential opportunities.
- Teacher’s day was celebrated as on 8th September 2016. Dr.S Sridharan, Principal VIM was the chief guest. He spoke about values of teachers and students.
- Conducted a seminar by Miss.Pragathi, on 14th September 2016, topic was carrier orientation for students. It helps to students to know the future opportunities and growth.
- VIM has conducted cultural activities for the year 2016-17 in the month of October. All the UG and PG students have actively participated in various events. This event went for 2 weeks, the entire college was filled with colors, the glimpse of the event can be found in the website.
- Students of 1st sem have participated in product launch event conducted at MES College Inter Collegiate Fest “UDYAMI 2016” on 7th & 8th Oct-2016.